PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
This privacy statement applies to Unifund Assurance Company Home and Auto Insurance policyholders who are clients of Johnson Inc.
Clients of Johnson Inc., or one of our divisions or associated brokers (“Johnson”) may
purchase a home and/or automobile policy issued by Unifund Assurance Company, a federally
incorporated property and casualty insurer (“Unifund”). Unifund and Johnson are subsidiaries
of our parent company, The Johnson Corporation. (For more information about us, please visit
“Who we are” on the Johnson Inc. website.)
Both Johnson and Unifund have always been strongly committed to protecting your personal
information, providing the necessary safeguards to secure it, ensuring its accuracy and
maintaining your confidentiality in how we collect, use and disclose it. We keep your
information only for as long as we need it to fulfill the purposes for which it was
collected and to meet any legal requirements.
If you are a client of Johnson as part of a home and auto insurance sponsorship program, we
may disclose your name to your sponsor organization in order to confirm your membership and
your eligibility in the program.
It has never been the practice of Johnson or Unifund to share or transfer personal
information to any unrelated third party for any secondary marketing purpose.
- Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information about you?
We do this to provide you with the insurance protection that you need. This allows us to:
- Communicate with you;
- Assess your application and eligibility for discounts, products and services;
- Collect your premiums through bank, payroll or pension deductions;
- Investigate and settle claims;
- Detect and prevent fraud;
- Analyze business results;
- Meet regulatory requirements.
- What personal information do we collect?
We collect personal information for the purposes outlined above. Only the information
pertinent to the product or service requested will be obtained. This information could
- Name, address, telephone/fax numbers, e-mail address;
- Birth date, gender, marital status;
- Driving record, including moving traffic violations and convictions;
- Medical and health information;
- Details about your home, such as its value and that of your contents;
- Previous insurance and claims history;
- Employment information;
- Banking information, credit and past payment records.
- How may you show your Consent to our collection, use, and disclosure of this personal
You indicate your Consent in one or more of the following ways:
- By providing your personal information to Johnson to obtain an insurance product or service, including information previously provided to us;
- By your express Consent or acknowledgement in the policy application process;
- By your express Consent for a specific purpose, e.g. in a claims situation;
- Through your authorized representative.
- With whom do we share or collect information about you?
We may collect or share information with:
- Anyone authorized by you or by law to access such information;
- Intermediaries who provide previous claims history and motor vehicle abstract to insurers;
- Motor vehicle and driver licensing authorities;
- Our own divisions or associated brokers;
- Other insurers, agents or brokers;
- Professionals, such as lawyers, doctors or adjusters working with us;
- Credit, financial organizations;
- Contracted service providers, such as, PS-Auto Club (Roadside and Travel Assistance);
- Industry data collection agencies for the purpose of analyzing business results.
- May you withdraw your consent for us to collect, use and disclose your information?
You may, on reasonable notice, withdraw your consent to the collection, use or disclosure
of your personal information. However, that may prevent us from providing you with the
requested product or service.
We may contact you to offer other available, related insurance products. If you would
rather not receive such information, please let us know that by contacting us as indicated
- Further information or questions?
If you have any concern about our privacy practices, you may also contact our Privacy
Officer at 1-800-507-4115, fax # (888) 737-4125, or email email@example.com